Australian Award-Winning Professional Artist, Art, and Design Teacher
My artwork is the by-product of my observation, creative influences, life experiences and my passion to keep discovering. I have freedom with my creative practice, using the positive learned skills of education and personal expression. I have trained myself to apply “creative observation” to everything I see, and I am still amazed how this is a never-ending pleasure and a springboard for my painting and its organic evolution.
Living and painting on Australia’s Sunshine Coast Queensland, is akin to having a studio every minute I am awake. Exploring the National Parks, with new techniques allows my art to progress. I embrace the opportunity to learn while at the same time enjoy the sharing of my works, techniques, and knowledge. This personal joy is evident to me when I exhibit, complete a commissioned piece, or when I have the pleasure to be involved with a student’s work, corporate workshops, and their creative journey.
ACHIEVEMENTS, EXHIBITIONS & PUBLICATIONS
JEN JAY has exhibited widely across Australia.
Details of selected past exhibitions are listed below.
PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS
- 2021 Committee Member Friends of The Gallery Noosa Regional Art Gallery
- 2021 Gold Coast Swell Sculpture Festival
- 2021 Deck Chairs on the Green.
- 2021 In Noosa Magazine spring addition, front cover, and local artist editorial
- 2021 Noosa Open Studios
- 2021 Solo Exhibition “Noosa from Above”
- 2020 Hearts and Minds Gallery Hasting St Noosa Heads.
- 2018 2020 Launch Kiss My Art Workshops.
- 2017 Noosa Style Magazine, Feature Artist Editorial.
- 2017 The Sebel Hastings St Noosa, Artist in Residence.
- 2016 Exhibition Solo Noosa Pandanus Perspectives.
- 2015 Commissioned exclusive Art works for Booktopia.
- 2015 Commissioned Art works in-situ Noosa Heads /Sydney.
- 2015 Corporate Art workshops for Sanitarium Pt Ltd.
- 2015 May Exhibition/Auction of Jeanette Jefferies Smith original art works for Newcastle Girl Friday, a not for profit group that raises funds for women’s and children’s issues in our local community.
- 2015 Launch of ‘Corporate Art Team Building Workshops’.
- 2015 Voluntary guest Tutor for Newcastle Cherish Team group members.
- 2015 Change of professional name from Jeanette Smith to Jeanette Jefferies Smith and launch of www.jenjayart.com.au
- 2015 Owner and Director of ‘Gallery Saltair- Summer Pop up Gallery’.
- 2015 Illustration and Design for Gallery Saltair limited edition, silk screened t-shirts and tote bags.
- 2014 Voluntary guest Art Tutor for the Australian Aboriginal Birripi Women’s Art Group.
- 2013-15 Fine Arts and Interior Design Teacher at NSW North Coast Tafe Institute of Creative Industries.
- 2013 Art Tutoring for adult education, structured art workshops, 6 to 8-week programs at Tuncurry Community Centre Tuncurry NSW.
- 2012 Award – 1st Prize Landscape/Seascape Pacific Palms NSW Art Festival.
- 2012 Award – Highly Commended Still Life Pacific Palms NSW Art Festival.
- 2012 and 2014 Official Guest Speaker for the opening of NSW Forster Tuncurry Public School Bi -annual Art Exhibition/Auction.
- 2012 June Gallery Saltair hosts TAFE Diploma Students Solo Exhibition.
- 2012 Printed image series of original art works by Jeanette Smith as gift cards.
- 2011 December to November 2012 Owner – Director of Gallery Saltair Diamond Beach Halliday’s Point NSW.
- 2011 December Official opening of Gallery Saltair Diamond Beach Halliday’s Point NSW.
- 2010 Saltair Art & Design, opening of Seascape Studio, art workshops Halliday’s Point NSW.
- 2010 Saltair Art & Design, Plein-Air art workshops, Halliday’s Point NSW.
- 2010 Award 1st Prize Pacific Palms Art Festival NSW Landscape/Seascape.
- 2008 Award 2nd Prize Student Acquisitive North Coast NSW TAFE Students Association.
- 2008 Award 1st Prize Pacific Palms Art Festival NSW Environmental Section.
- 2006 Group Award UDIA NSW Land-com Seascape Halliday’s Point Award for Excellence in urban design.
- 2006 Certificate Construction Project Management.
- 2005 Consultancy of Interior Designer Owner business ‘Saltair Art & Design’.
- 2015 Launch of Jen Jay Art Exhibition and Auction at Merewether Surf House Newcastle NSW.
- 2015 Gallery Saltair Summer Pop Up Gallery at Halliday’s Point Shopping Village, Halliday’s Point NSW.
- 2014 Stockland’s Shopping Centre Forster NSW.
- 2012 to 2014 Commercial Sites; Exhibited for sales, In House Homewares, Wharf St Forster NSW. A Stone’s Throw Lifestyle Boutique, Diamond Beach NSW, and Waves Blackhead Halliday’s Point NSW.
- 2012 Artist Jeanette Smith & Saltair Art and Design students. Halliday’s Point Community Library Halliday’s Point NSW.
- 2012 Manning Winter Festival Wildcard Exhibition. Manning Regional Art Gallery Taree NSW.
- 2011 to 2012 Exhibiting Gallery Saltair (commercial gallery).
- 2011 Exhibition Solo ‘Scent of Summer’ Bowers Cafe Taree NSW.
- 2010 ‘All to Do with Saltair’ Solo Exhibition at Seascape Sales Suite, Halliday’s Point NSW.
- 2009 ‘9 Days 9 Artists’ Forster Art Trail, Wharf St CBD Forster NSW.
- 2008 to 2014 (Annual) Art Festival Pacific Palms NSW Exhibitions.
- 2007/ 2010 ‘Gallery Corridor’ Tuncurry, NSW North Coast TAFE, Great Lakes Campus for students.
- 2017 Noosa Style Magazine, Feature Artist Editorial.
- 2015 March edition of Halliday’s Point News of our World local newsletter. Editorial ‘Jeanette Smith – Art in the Area’.
- 2012 June Great Lakes Advocate Pacific Palms Art Festival 1st Prize Landscape/Seascape.
- 2012 May Manning Great Lakes Focus Magazine – Editorial ‘Jeanette Smith & Gallery Saltair’.
- 2012 April Manning River Times Editorial on Gallery Saltair Art Workshops, Diamond Beach NSW.
- 2012 January Opening of ‘Gallery Saltair Diamond Beach’ in Manning River Times Editorial.
- 2011 September Saltair Art & Design Seascape Studio opening in Manning River Times Editorial.
- 2011 March Bowers Cafe Taree Solo Exhibition ‘Scent of Summer’. Manning River Times Editorial.
- 2010 January Great Lakes Advocate Editorial Seascape Sales Suite Solo Exhibition ‘All to do with Saltair’.
- 2007 January Manning Great Lakes Focus Editorial Magazine, Interior Design.
Sunshine Coast, Queensland, AUSTRALIA